Saturday 9 July 2011

My Very First Blog Post.

     I spent many years and many thousands of dollars learning to write a decent paper.  And now I'm flipping burgers.  And pancakes for FREE.
      It's not that I want to devalue my role as mother and wife to 4 children and a wonderful husband.  I understand that it is a high and noble calling indeed.  It's just that I want the bloody dishes and laundry to stop reproducing when I'm not looking!!  And that is why I want to blog.  To escape the dishes and do something that I enjoy for just a moment knowing all the while that each stolen minute means one more sticky puddle, one more soiled diaper, one more broken bowl on the driveway to deal with...later.
     I'm not actually much of a blog-reader, myself.  The few that I have followed, on and off, have been written by friends or acquaintances going through harrowing medical dramas or they have been the blogs of women that have apparently been given 30 hours in their day to homeschool the 6 children, pick fresh flowers for the table, attend speaking engagements for monks in other countries, and sew a nine-patch quilt with their six year old during their idle moments between 6 a 7 am.   Mercifully, and mournfully, I am neither of those type of blog-writers.
     In fact, I think the fact that you are reading my words indicates that you may need more to do.  Or maybe, you might see a little of yourself in this space and just maybe that will help you to find something to laugh about when your lap feels suddenly warm while your little moppet snuggles on your lap (in a sodden nappy) to hear about the adventures of Clifford in Hollywood, once again, for the 7th time today.   Yes, the dishes can wait.  But you still have to do them.  There's no getting out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I try to post on someone else's blog I can't. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to parent, homeschool, blog and create, my kitchen is in a perpetual state of chaos. I'm okay with that trade off:)

    ReplyDelete